Garvey Team Orthodontics, P.C. services the St. Louis, St. Charles and surrounding cities and counties, providing beautiful smiles to patients of all ages. In a state-of-the-art modern facility with the most current technology and equipment available, Dr. Michael V. Garvey, a Board Certified Orthodontist, has been practicing for over 30 years. He and his team make sure you receive the best orthodontic care possible.
The Garvey Team Orthodontics team offers a free initial consultation, where they full explain in detail what to expect in the procedures you will receive. Orthodontia is a considerable investment, both in time and cost, so they want to ensure you are comfortable and understand everything before the process begins.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children visit the orthodontist around age seven. This is because molars and incisors begin to come in around that age. Although age 7 is too early for an actual orthodontic program to begin, Dr. Garvey can determine if there are potential problems that could be treated and corrected to avoid future problems.
Garvey Team Orthodontics provides a variety of orthodontic and dental services to children, teens and adults, including:
- Invisalign clear aligners are a popular choice with patients who want straighter teeth without the inconvenience and altered appearance of traditional ceramic or wire braces. Invisalign can treat crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite, and underbite to straighten teeth.This option is a great way to correct your smile more quickly, and they are virtually invisible and easily removable. This allows you to eat foods that you cannot with metal braces.
- Orthodontic braces come in a wide variety of styles and colors to make them more stylish than those big gray metal braces of the past. That’s important for children and teens with braces, so they feel confident wearing them.
- Expansions are used with braces in early care for a patient with a complete posterior right and anterior cross-bite. Many patients with these issues have sleep apnea and snore. The expanders will also improve those problems, along with a dramatic functional and aesthetic improvement.
- The Bionator is a removable device used in patients age 7 or older who have jaw discrepancies, like an overbite. The bionator stimulates growth of the lower jaw forward to both correct the overbite (deep bite) and over jet (upper teeth sticking out). The device changes the function of the mouth to reduce mouth breathing and tongue thrusting or a thumb-sucker who is ready to stop the habit. Even though the patient will still likely need braces later on, but it greatly reduces the need to remove teeth later on, and the treatment duration is shorter.
- TMJ/TMD, or temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction, is a condition whereby the joints of the jaw get out of line or don’t move as they should. Up to 15% of adults, mostly ages 20 to 40, have it. Dr. Garvey actually had this condition for several years and treated himself for it. Each patient with this condition has different treatment requirements. If surgery is necessary, Dr. Garvey will work closely alongside a team of professionals trained in this type of surgery.
The team at Garvey Team Orthodontics is dedicated to making sure all of their patients, young and old, are rewarded with a smile that makes them proud. Learn more about them by visiting their Facebook page or their website.